Blog Archive

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Makeover From Coastal to Farmhouse Style in the Hall Bath


I've had a coastal theme in the hall bath for a couple of years and before that,   most of the coastal decor was in the master bath for a couple of years.    So,   to say the least,    I was tired of coastal.....lol!      I'm loving the Farmhouse look that is so popular right now,   so it was a no brainer deciding what to use for the hall bath makeover.


I kept the mirrors that have been in the hall bath for years,    still loving them!    


I have a side of the counter set aside for the Ladies and you'll see the Gentlemen's side in a minute.


I have buffalo check hand towels and homemade soap for the ladies.


Before...............................................................................After


Here's the Gentlemen's side.........................


The Gentlemens side has a matching buffalo check hand towel......


And a little sign to remind the boys to wash their hands.      I can't wait for my grandsons to see it......they'll die laughing!


Before......................................................................After


In the middle of the counter is a new floral design that I made.
  

Reflected in the mirror is the wall on the opposite side of the counter.


I hung a metal piece where the big coastal wreath was.      I can change out the print on it with just two clothespins......love it!


This is the first of two baskets that I have filled with neutral towels ........


The towels have differnt textures and patterns and I have scented soaps in this basket.   


Here's the other basket.    


The towels are similar to the other basket but this one has the addition of a lavender scented bag.


I kept the lamps that were there before,   but I tied a wide ribbon around the shade.


Before......................................................After


At the end of the bathroom,    I added a textured rug and a vintage smoking stand filled with white buttons.


I hung the white cow picture over the toitlet.      You may remember this picture from over the fireplace in the family room.   On the tank,   I have an old light fixture with room spray and a faux plant on it.


I put a fun memo board on the door that I can change easily.


I have bathroom rules on it now,   but I plan to change it out from time to time..........my grandkids will get a kick out of it!      


Before....................................................................After


I love the new look!


18 comments:

  1. It looks nice, Penny. I think it is 'fresher' looking than it was...AND the boys are going to LOVE that sign..the filthy things. LOL Those mirrors are really pretty- I wouldn't change them out either. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Penny. Love the pretty towels and the cow print - adorable. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, I love how you go all the way when you decorate. I'll bet you never just stick your toes in the water! The bathroom is wonderful and you given me so many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous redo. Love all the touches you've added and the mirrors are beautiful. Don't think I would ever change those out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and love the baskets, the funny sign and the wonderful mirrors
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's soooo beautiful! Great works you have here, Penny..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bathroom and so big! Love the hand soap sign. Laughed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    I love what you have done here in the bathroom. Love the Bathroom sign!!Too funny!! IA great make over!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful update! I love the new look. You make me want to redo my whole house.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice makeover. I love the mirrors. And all of the details are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks beautiful, Penny. I like that it seems a bit less "full", with a bit more open space. I love your cow pictures. Mind if I ask where you found them?

    I don't think I 'd change those lovely mirrors ever, either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. I was just looking at your pictures of the bathroom again and I noticed the embossed wallpaper on the walls, which I think is so lovely. Makes me think of the old tin ceilings. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, is there anywhere in your home that is not absolutely perfect? Everything looks so great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bathroom redo! You add so many special touches, your love for your home and family shines throughout. Thank you for sharing your bathroom with us at Party in Your PJ's. Pinned to my Home Ideas board.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your farmhouse makeover! I wouldn't change the mirrors either they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great makeover! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This beautiful post is a HOME feature on the March You're the STAR blog hop: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2018/03/youre-star-week4-home-march-2018.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!